"Brothers, if anyone is caught in any transgression, you who are spiritual should restore him in a spirit of gentleness. Keep watch on yourself, lest you too be tempted. Bear one another's burdens, and so fulfill the law of Christ." (Galatians 6:1-2). These verses were repeated Sunday night in our restorative service, & God was glorified. As many know, this year has been a tough one, full of highs & many lows, but Sunday night was the culmination of our trials. Last year, Joe crashed and burned like many in his position do, and he found himself so outside of God's will. It hurt our family immensely, but like all things, God has worked these things out for good & for His glory. After months and months of counseling and Christian love in action, Joe was given the opportunity to share his testimony & thank several amazing people who went above and beyond for our family. I wanted to take this time on our blog to share my thoughts on such a public moment in our private life.
- God specifically removed people from our lives that were destructive, and intentionally put those that we needed at that moment in our path. Pastor Pete, Lori, Scott Greene, Doug Hartley, & David Sluder were instrumental in our family and ministry being restored. You all have shown our family the love that the Bible speaks of, & I am so thankful for you all being the answer to so many of our prayers.
- God blessed me with my family greatly. Not a day has gone by that I have not felt those prayers & unconditional love from our family! They have loved us when we were unlovable. You have been our strength & encouragement when we've been weak!
- God's love is unconditional for those who love Him. We sang Crowder's "He Loves Us," & I just couldn't handle it. God loves us so; even when His children fail.
- God gets so much more glory from us being broken, humble, and dependent on Him. I am thankful for the way that God has worked in Joe's life. He is so humble & entirely dependent on God that it amazes me still.
- We have some pretty darn amazing children. They don't know much of what happened, and they don't need to. They were protected from so much, and I am eternally thankful for how they've turned out. One of the most precious moments I've ever experienced happened Sunday night. Joe was thanking me for loving him unconditionally & being the only one by his side when he didn't deserve it, and all of the sudden I hear Carson start to cry..like weep loudly. He talked to his Mimi for a while, and then he spoke to Joe after the service. He said he was so thankful that his dad loved his mom so much. God is so good.
I am eternally grateful for those people who exercised Christian, Biblical love and support to my family. So often people, Christians especially, are quick to write off those who have fallen instead of loving them back into fellowship. 1Peter 5:10 says, "And after you have suffered a little while, the God of all grace, who has called you to his eternal glory in Christ, will himself restore, confirm, strengthen, and establish you." AMEN!! I am so excited to see what God has in store for my family & our ministry!